Speech and Language Pathologist
POSITION TITLE: Speech and Language Pathologist
REPORTS TO: ACE School Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is primarily responsible for program development, planning, implementing, and evaluating the Speech and Language component of instruction for their assigned students as well as acting as a professional resource for parents, teachers, and instructional staff. This position assumes responsibility for the design and implementation of Speech and Language related IEP goals and objectives. This position will provide classroom consultation and staff training as necessary, offering guidance to classroom staff, ensuring a positive and reinforcing teaching environment, and compliance with Anova policies and procedures as well as other appropriate regulations and standards. In addition to these responsibilities provided during school hours, this position supervises and offers individual Speech and Language services and social and interpersonal skills training groups and/or guidance on an outpatient basis. This position may be responsible for providing consultation and/or training to all Anova staff upon request.
Ability to work with and consult with teaching staff. Ability to communicate effectively with students, teaching staff, administrative staff, families, and integral professionals/agencies. Responsible for the Speech and Language programs for each student assigned including planning, organization, and implementation of curriculum. Ability to monitor and evaluate staff and student performance. Ability to write clear and concise IEPs and supporting reports presentable for related agencies, staff, and Anova administration. Promote cooperation and a feeling of teamwork among staff. Ability to listen to the concerns, suggestions, and complaints of students served and/or employees supervised. Encourage an atmosphere conducive to helping students achieve their greatest potential in the least restrictive environment.
RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Staff Training
- When assigned, conduct school-wide in-service training for all staff implementing Speech and Language programs.
- Attend classroom team meetings and act as resource to address behavioral and skill acquisition questions/concerns.
- Assure quality, and update content, of speech and language component of Anova Center for Education (ACE) staff orientation material.
RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Administrative
- Provide constructive input into the development and/or revision of Anova Education & Behavior Consultation Policies and Procedures.
- Provide clear and accurate case list information to the Anova Management Team on a monthly basis.
- Provide clear and accurate billing information meeting agency timelines.
- On a monthly basis submit/back up all assessments and progress reports for inclusion in the Anova Master File.
- Provide constructive input into staff orientation procedures.
- Complete activities as required by the California Department of Education pursuant to maintaining certification as a Non-Public school (NPS).
- Serve on the Studentís Rights Committee, as assigned.
- Sit on Anova Board committee/task force at request of Anova Management Team/Board of Directors.
RESPONSIBILITY AREA: IEP Development, Implementation and Oversight
- Complete appropriate assessments for individual students as indicated, within 30 days of admission to the program.
- Design appropriate IEP goals and objectives for each student based on the relevant assessment information.
- Develop corresponding treatment plans for all assigned students.
- Produce all required reports within the appropriate timelines, this shall include but not be limited to, progress reports, assessment summaries and treatment plans.
- Effectively present IEP goals and objectives at scheduled IEP meetings, team meetings, etc.
- Implement IEP goals as written.
- Provide direct consultative services to students according to IEP.
- Collect all necessary data regarding progress with IEP goals and supporting documentation.
- Maintain effective communication and follow-through with Teachers and classroom staff regarding targeted Speech and Language goals and methodologies.
- Provide observation/supervision and feedback of Speech and Language methodology implementation, including for staff who require focused supervision regarding Speech and Language implementation.
- Comply with all State and Federal laws applicable to the delivery of the professional services rendered by a Non-Public school.
- Research alternate methods/materials which may be useful to the program and present suggestions and justification to the School Director / Anova Management Team for consideration.
RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Curriculum Development and Revision
- Develop and/or acquire appropriate curriculum materials to implement the IEP goals for each student.
- Conduct planning activities to ensure program effectiveness and ongoing curricular improvements utilizing new and innovative curricular strategies, including: the review of available materials and literature, research through the internet, site visits to other programs, and attendance at pertinent and approved professional organization meetings and presentations.
- Act as school-wide resource developer for Speech and Language methodologies and materials including review of available materials/literature, site visits to other programs, and attendance at approved presentations.
- Have complete knowledge of California State Standards for education as it applies to assigned students, and assure that curriculum design and content is compatible with these standards.
- Comply with all State and Federal Laws applicable to the delivery of the professional services rendered by a Non-Public school.
RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Social and Interpersonal Skills Groups
- Design and implement group activities to address social and interpersonal strengths and needs.
- Obtain appropriate parental consent prior to implementation of activities.
- Conduct staff training regarding social & interpersonal skills training group activities.
- Complete an assessment and maintain progress notes on each Social and Interpersonal Skills Group participant.
- Complete other duties and assignments at the discretion of the Anova Management Team and under the direct supervision of the School Director.
- Conduct tours of facility/programs when requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Current California Licensure as a Speech and Language Pathologist